|Effect||Discover more treasure rooms|
|A whip is an impractical weapon. For example, it often hits enemies behind you as often as it does in front.|
It increases the chances of finding rooms with treasure Chests. Such rooms may have any type of Chest spawned in them. If the Adventurer's Hat is also collected the two items will combine into the Golden Idol.
Treasure rooms spawned by Adventurer's Whip follow normal treasure room spawn mechanics and can include the following:
- Cursed Chests, locked Chests, or rock-encrusted Chests.
- Health cost levers to spawn a bridge to reach the chests.
- Puzzles with unlit Torches to spawn a chest, requiring some source of fire to ignite.
- Self-sacrifice spikes to spawn a Chest.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Positive[edit | edit source]
- Adventurer's Hat: Can be combined together into the Golden Idol.
- Miniaturizer: Produces an extra mini chest for every chest found.
Negative[edit | edit source]
- Metamfiezomaiophobia: Extra chests have a high chance of being Mimics.
- Removing the curse will not revert Mimics back into normal chests for that floor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Adventurer's Whip is most likely a reference to the bullwhip made famous by the film character Indiana Jones.