Ascension is a game mechanic which starts by defeating all bosses and re-summoning them. This will make the game harder.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Previously defeated Bosses return.
- Enemies appear earlier in runs.
- Bosses become faster, inflict more damage, and gain new attacks (see gallery for example).
- After ascending for the first time, Bosses no longer drop Gold on the floor, and will drop instead a gold Chest, which prevents from the player to use items like Golden Kernels.
- Bosses no longer drop Thorium.
How to access[edit | edit source]
To ascend the player must defeat Selt, Queen of Sand, Mortar, Charged Golem, Noori, Spectre of Darkness and Ponzu, Scaled Assembly. After killing all four bosses, a portal opens into a room with a giant flying moth called Death's Head. It will tell the player the game ends here, but that there is more content to come. The Summoning Stone to the left can be picked up to start ascending. All gold acquired this run is kept.
Skipping bosses[edit | edit source]
Finishing the run while skipping one or more bosses prevents the player from ascending. Instead, the Stone of the Recreant appears to the right. The player must kill all bosses in order to ascend. All gold acquired this run is kept. The ascension happens normally if the player were to kill all other bosses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Taking the summoning stone before speaking to Death's Head will not trigger its dialogue, though this does not affect the run or the ascension.