Ascension is a part of the game, which starts by defeating all bosses and re-summoning them. This will make the game harder.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Previously defeated Bosses return.
- Enemies appear earlier and earlier.
- Bosses become faster, do more damage, and gain new attacks (see gallery for example).
- After ascending for the first time, Bosses will no longer drop Gold on the floor, and will drop instead a gold Chest, which prevents from the player to use items like Golden Kernels.
- Bosses won't drop Thorium as well.
How to access[edit | edit source]
To start ascension currently you will have to defeat Selt, Queen of Sand, Mortar, Charged Golem, Noori, Spectre of Darkness and Ponzu, Scaled Assembly. This will probably change as the game develops. After killing all four, and reaching Ponzu's layout, you will be sent to a room with a giant flying moth, which is Death's Head. He will tell you the game ends here, but that there is more content to yet be. Meanwhile, you can use the summoning stone to your left to start the ascension.
Skipping bosses[edit | edit source]
Notice however, that if you manage to beat Noori, and get to Death's room while skipping one Boss or more, you will not be able to ascend. Instead, a lifeless stone will appear to your right, which is called Stone of the Recreant. You must kill all bosses in order to ascend. When you kill the boss/es you needed to kill and get to Noori's room after already killing him, he will not appear. The ascension happens normally if you were to kill all other bosses.
Notes[edit | edit source]
If you take the summoning stone before speaking to Death's Head you will not be able to hear him out, as you immediately die. However, this does not affect your game or the ascension.