Boss(es) are greater enemies of the Peasant. These enemies are stronger than the usual ones and also come with a set of dirty tricks, which makes them harder to beat. They can be skipped using different methods. However skipping them has a penalty, as you cannot Ascend.
Currently, there are only 4 bosses:
- Selt, a worm-like boss which can be found on The Goldmines 4. She can be skipped by beating the guards at the entrance to the dungeons. Beating her once will provide all Peasants entrance. Selt can still be fought in future runs.
- Mortar, a golem-like boss which can be found on Delvemore Dungeon 4. He can be skipped to this specific run, by using a lever which also makes you extremely cursed (8 curses). He can still be fought in future runs.
- Noori, a shadow-like boss which can be found on Halls of Din 4. He can be skipped by kill all Scale Tunnel, Toxic Scale, Winged Scale and Unbreakable Scale with 3 waves. He can still be fought in future runs.
- Ponzu, a hydra-like boss which can be found on The Shimmering Caverns 4. Currently, he cannot be skipped and is the final boss for now.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A defeated boss will not appear again until you Ascend.
- Pilfers will not appear in bosses' rooms, therefore it's a good place for Potions such as Auglycerin and Chest in a Bottle.
- Bosses get harder and harder each time you Ascend. They might also get new attacks.
- They do not appear in the Journal for Bestiary, but will appear at the end of a run as a killed Enemy.