Mortar, Charged Golem
|Mortar, Charged Golem|
Mortar, Charged Golem is a boss in UnderMine. He is found in the final room of the Delvemore Dungeons. He drops Mortar's Fragment and the Electrified Orb Schematics after beating him the first time. He halves incoming lightning damage and has attacks that inflict lightning damage. The orbs are not strong against lightning. Mortar cannot be directly damaged: damage is dealt through breaking his Orbs or attacking his arms.
Attack patterns[edit | edit source]
- Attack 1: When Mortar's health is above 50%, he goes to the side and send his arms to slam down on the player. The arms can be damaged
- Attack 2: Mortar moves to the middle of the room and send his orbs out. Some of these orbs slam into the ground and emit electricity; those in water will electrify the water. 2 Orbs fly to both sides of the arena and make an electric beam which the peasant needs to jump over. Two additional orbs can create an addition beam vertically on higher difficulties. The arms are invulnerable during this pattern.
- Attack 3: When Mortar's health is below 50%, he expands the ring of Orbs (which deal contact damage) and sends his hands down on the peasant; this is faster than attack 1. The Orbs return afterwards.
Tips and strategies[edit | edit source]
- The peasant should avoid electric attacks when possible to prevent the water pools from being electrified.
- Bombs are recommended to damage Orbs during Attack 1.
- Guidance and Sonic Boom are useful for dealing fast damage on multiple Orbs.
- Resistance to electricity is recommended (e.g., Gordon's Tunic).
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
|A Pebble in the Road|
Defeated Mortar, Charged Golem
Defeated Mortar, Charged Golem without upgrades