Sparkling spots[edit | edit source]
Sparkling spots are small gold stars that can be found along walls and rocks in the game. They can be blown up with bombs (or anything that inflicts explosive damage, including enemies' attacks,) to reveal secret rooms and crawl spaces.
Drinking a Potion of True Sight will reveal the passage when the player is near it, but it will still require a bomb to be accessed.
Secret X[edit | edit source]
This x will appear rarely on the ground. Bombing the spot will spawn a blueprint for bombs. If all of them have been found it will not drop anything.
Secret rooms[edit | edit source]
Secret rooms are rooms hidden behind a wall. There are two secret rooms per floor; Adventurer's Hat greatly increases the chance of floors to generate three secret rooms. A room can have more than one secret room connected to it. A secret room can be connected to more than one room, including another secret room. While playing Othermine, sometimes floors generate 3 secret rooms as well.
Secret rooms can contain puzzles, basic items, blessings, shrines, treasures, and dogs.
Crawl spaces[edit | edit source]
There is only one hidden crawl space under a rock per floor and it cannot spawn under rocks containing gold or in rocks located in secret rooms. Very rarely, another crawl space may spawn per floor in Othermine. Right now the only known version of it contains "the market" which has 3 connected Pilfer Shops. Crawl spaces are marked on the mini-map.
- Crawl spaces between Goldmines 1 and Goldmines 3 can contain Mr. Rat and Mrs. Rat with the Rat Bond blueprint.
- Crawl spaces between Goldmine 4 and Dungeon 3 can contain Kurtz with the Hungry Ghost blueprint.
- An additional crawl space, marked with a x mark appears in Dungeons 1-4 and contains Lillyth until she is rescued.
Storeroom[edit | edit source]
The Debt curse has a method of removal that is generally considered secret which involves a small boss fight in the Storeroom.
Potions[edit | edit source]
- Rainbow Kernels blueprint is found in a secret room in the Halls of Din
- All-Potion blueprint is found by gathering 5 component recipes across the 5 Locations in Undermine
Creatures that can open entrances[edit | edit source]
- Bomb Pilfer, Loaded Rat & Ticker by dying right next to it. Their death causes sparkles to appear, even if they miss.
- Lurker, Crypt Lurker, Sand Skulker, Bobo & Glimmerweed by standing right in front of an entrance and letting them attack.
- Troll Bombardier, Ogre Bombardier Ogre Annihilator & Ogre Firestarter (and Bomb Pilfer as well) drop active bombs that can land or be sent with the player's swing attack towards the entrances and open them. The explosions causes sparkles to appear, even if they miss.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player saves Dibble for the first time, he will always have a secret room behind him. If the Peasant approaches the secret room, he tries to keep them away from it.